February 11, 2010

Kayton Joseph Adams

He is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After 20 hours of labor, our sweet little boy has come. He was born February 7th at 5 am. He weight 8 lbs, 5 ounces and was 21 inches long. It was an amazing experience and we are so happy now that he is in our lives.The story:
During the last week of my pregnancy, we had talked about getting induced but at my last appointment, my blood pressure had gotten a little high and it hadn't gone down two days later so my doctor recommended that since I had been swelling as well, we should get induced before my conditions turned into preclampsia. So on Friday the 5th, we scheduled to be induced the next morning at 9 o'clock.Well, we got to the hospital and everyone there was anxiously waiting for us and we got the process started. They started by doing a gel process where they put some gel in me and then I had to sit for an hour, then I had an hour to walk around and eat and do whatever. They did this 3 times and by the end my contractions were a little more even but it didn't seem like there was much progress. I was already dilated to a 2 when I got in, so it was nice that they didn't have to jump start my labor. After the gel treatments, they decided to give me some pitocin to make the contractions come closer together and faster. I was on that for the rest of the night. I started having really good and painful contractions around 4 oclock but wasn't dilating very much. I got to 5 cm around midnight and decided then that I would go ahead and get an epidural. Little did I know that I was going to need 2 of them. The first one only worked half way and I could still feel the contractions pretty well. They figured out that it was the cathider and the best way to fix it would be to take the first one out and start over again. So we did and the pain was gone. They wanted me to sleep through the next little while so Nate and I finally fell asleep to take a nap at 2 oclock. The nurse came back in to check on me at 4 and when she checked me, she said that my water had broke and I was already past 10 cm.
So the pushing began and one hour later, our little boy came out. The feeling was amazing and seeing him come out and then having him plopped right on me was so great. Nothing makes up for that. Everything looked good and they took him and weighed him and Nate was with them the whole time. He put the first diaper on and helped weigh him and then we got to sit together and enjoy our new little son. We stayed in the hospital until Monday night and have had a good time here at home. We love our little guy and can't believe all that has happened. We think he is the cutest little boy ever!

4 comments:

Christina said...

Yeah!!! Welcome to the world Kayton! We're so glad you're here.

Spencer and Chelsea Coon said...

He is a doll! Congrats...dont you just love being a mom!?

Kara said...

I'm glad you wrote this all down. You'll want to have this someday, cause you really will forget it sometime. I'm glad everything worked out and you had a good experience. I hope you're adjusting to everything well and that he's letting you get some hours of sleep, all in a row! Keep the pictures and updates coming. He'll change so much and so fast! When are you thinking of blessing him? I'd LOVE to come see him and you guys!!

RiChArd and MeReDitH said...

He is absolutely adorable! It is such an amazing experience! Seeing him for the first time really makes it all worth it huh!? He is super cute! Good work guys!