February 17, 2014

Valentines Day

What a crazy and fun day/weekend it was for us.  Nate is super busy this time of year with concerts and honor bands and all these different things that us music teachers wives deal with.  So on Valentine's Day, Nate was in Holbrook helping with the HS regional honor band day.  He was gone for most of the day so we decided not to do anything special that night.

Growing up we got little Valentine's baskets or gifts from our parents so I felt really bad when I realized that I didn't get anything for the kids from us.  So I took them out and they got to pick our their own airplanes from the store and I picked out a hear shaped candy stick for them.  They were in heaven the rest of the day and I loved spoiling them a bit.  

For the night, I made plans with some of my girl friends.  We celebrated because we all had men, but they were not able to be with us so we had a girls valentines day.  We had pizza and watched the mormon Pride and Prejudice while our kids played.  We had fun and agreed that it was a great way to spend Valentines Day.

Nate did get home late that night and brought me flowers and chocolate.  :)
To make up for being gone on Valentines Day, we had our date that Monday night since Nate and I had the day off from work.  We went bowling and had some yummy Italian food at Red Devil Restaurant in Pinetop.   I love having a Valentine!

No comments: