March 27, 2015

2015 Spring Break

This Spring Break was suppose to be super laid back.  When it started, I didn't have anything planned, but Nate's brother, Joe, got sick and was sent to the valley.  So we changed plans and decided to go down and visit him to make sure he was getting better.  We decided to have fun with it too.  The night before we left, we were invited to go to a bonfire to help the missionaries with fellowshipping a family in the ward.  It was a big fire and the boys enjoyed cooking marshmallows and having lots of cookies too.  They have boys their same age which made it more fun since they had so many fun toys. 
Cooking marshmallows
Playing guitars

The night we got to the valley, we headed to the mall for dinner and the boys got to ride the carousel, and Kayton loved the escalators.  I also got a tiny bit of shopping done.
The carousel
The next morning, we got up, went to the hospital to check on Joe.  He was doing better but he didn't want us to stay for too long, so we headed out.  We picked up my sister and nephew then headed to Superstition Farms to go to their petting zoo.  The boys loved all of it. They got to feed some granola stuff to the goats, check out the pig, pet a rabbit, and Kayton held a chicken.  We will totally go back there again.
He loved this bunny so much
He was so proud of himself
Later that night, we had a mini family dinner with two of my sisters.  The boys loved hanging out with their cousin Hyrum.
The next day we packed up and we were going to head up to the hospital again, but he was still antsy and there was nothing we could do since he was working on getting released, so we headed to a park.  There was a splash pad, zipline type ride, climbing nets, and a shaded playground.  It was really nice and they boys didn't want to leave. 
That sad face says, "I can't believe you made me get wet.  I didn't want to." I guess the water was a little cold for them.
I'm kind of glad plans changed and we went down.  I was glad to see some family and play with my kids.  Now we are back to normal again with school and stuff.

No comments: