October 7, 2008

Concerts already

It's already concert time for Nate. On Sunday, he had a concert that was all the different groups in the department. I didn't get to go to it, but he only played like 3 songs. The next night was just the Wind Symphony concert which I did go to and I am so glad I did. It was so amazing. I don't remember the last time I heard a college band sound so good. The songs were a little too long for my taste but they were still really good. On the 16th, he has another one coming up and its just the tuba group that is playing I believe.
He is doing so good and I am so proud of him. Just a little side note too. We had to buy him a tuxedo because it is required and the school didn't have any for him to borrow for the semester and I will say, I love my man in a tux. It looks great on him and we got it for such a cheap deal. He already had a shirt and bowtie, so we got him a suit and pants set for $80, including shipping. It was so great. I also love my new camera and the great shots I got of Nate during the concert and I was so glad that they didn't turn out blurry. (I am actually posting this a little late and so there are some of the Tuba/Euphonium concert pictures below)

1 comment:

Kara said...

You're finally doing some catching up, so I'm just going to comment on this post. I'm glad you guys are having so much fun in Flagstaff and have made lots of new friends. It's fun to have people over and it's cool that you guys have the space for it. Girls' nights are the best, especially if all the guys want to do is play Halo. You should start a BUNKO group. It's a fun game I play with my girlfriends and we do it once a month. I could give you the details if you're interested. You do need to buy the game with the dice. Anyways, glad you're getting out and doing fun things. Take advantage while you can.