July 24, 2009

4th of July

For the 4th, we headed to Show Low! The marching band at the high school pretty much is always in the parade and Nate thought it would be fun to go back and play with Mr. Pratt and the band and so it was an awesome excuse to go and see our family. I didn't have to work on friday the 3rd, so we went down on Thursday night and just hung out mostly. We went shopping and went and saw all of our old friends.The 4th was so much fun. We woke up that morning and Nate headed into town early and then I took my little brother and sister to watch the parade with me. The parade wasn't too bad. There were some things I could have lived without, but I love the 4th. Nate was nice enough to let me buy a new outfit so I had red, white and blue all on the same outfit. I loved it and Nate had fun playing and being in the parade. When the parade was over, we went back to the Whipple's house to have watermelon with the band and just to relax from sitting in the sun.

The rest of the day consisted of eating food and watching fireworks. Oh and I got to take a nap too which was pretty much amazing. Later that night we did go to fireworks. I have always gone to the high school or primary school, but this time Nate decided that we should go to the airport and park our car there and watch from far away. We could see really good but the sound was delayed alot. It was nice to just relax in our car though and also be able to get out really easily.
The whole weekend was really nice and totally worth the drive. Thanks to my mom for letting us crash and eat food with her.

No comments: