February 27, 2011

Remembering...

Sunday night, February 27th, marked the 4 year anniversary since Nate and I got engaged.  Thinking about that has made me remember a lot of our dating time and it's so cool to think of how far we have come since then.  I don't know how detailed I was about that night in my journal and since this blog is pretty much my journal I want to put it on here.


We were living in Thatcher still and a friend of mine was getting married in Snowflake. Nate, myself and my roommates all drove up together to go to the reception.  I was able to be there at the temple when she came out and took some pictures with her and stuff and then we just hung out the rest of the day.  Then the reception came.  We got all dressed and headed over there with my friend Rachelle (now my cousin).  We had fun just hanging out and eating the little mints they had.  Funny story was that I actually caught the bouquet that night.  It may have been a little bit of a grab and tug, but I got it.


After the reception, we got in the car and we were suppose to go meet Rachelle back at her house to watch a movie, but Nate was driving and he said, told me to call her and tell here that we would be a little late.  He kept driving and we ended up at Show Low Lake.  The whole drive there I was saying, "Don't do it."  "Where are we going?"  He told me he would stop if I told him what he was going to do.  I of course had this pit in my stomach of nerves thinking "Oh my gosh he is going to propose to me"  but of course I wasn't gonna tell him that's what he was doing.  I wasn't expecting it, but I wasn't going to tell him to stop.  So we ended up there and by the time we parked and started talking, I was literally hyperventilating.  He talked me through his feelings and calmed me down and I told him how I was feeling.  He said that he just felt like something told him he needed to ask me right then to marry him.  So he did and after we talked for a few minutes, we have come to an agreement that we wanted to get married.  Now, this is where Nate will tell you that I forced him to marry me.  After talking, we had both come to the conclusion that we were going to get married, but he never really said the words "Will you marry me?" so I stopped and told him that he needed to ask me for real.  He did and before we knew it,  we were engaged and on our way back to Rachelle's house.  He didn't have a ring, since he hadn't planned on asking me then, but funny enough, we had gone to Wal-mart the night before and bought a fake engagement looking ring so we could prank people this weekend.  So I just wore that until we went and picked out my real ring.

There is actually a whole other proposing story for after he had bought the real ring.  We went out for a drive one Sunday afternoon.  I have no idea what the little place was called that he took me to but he drove me there saying that it was just a pretty spot that he wanted to show me.  On Mount Graham I think.  Now it was a very beautiful spot near a little waterfall and had huge rocks all around it that we could sit on so we went and walked around a little bit.  Then, after a little while, Nate said that he wanted something from his car to take a picture or something, I can't remember the real excuse.  But he left me there by myself while he went back to the car, then when he got back, he had me walk down by the water with him and we stepped out onto this little rock in the water and he got down on one knee and pulled out my real ring and real proposed to me.  It was so pretty and so sweet.  I loved it.

So that is the 2 stories of how Nate and I got engaged 4 years ago, February 27th.  I love this man so much and can't imagine what my life would be like right now without him or even my other little man in my life.

No comments: