November 8, 2012

He's adorable

I just love this age of Merrick.  Today, he did two of the cutest things that I wanted to remember.  
First one, Nate came home for lunch today and the kids just get so super excited when he comes home and they love hearing the door open and him coming in.  This afternoon though, Merrick had a really hard time when Nate left and had to go back to work.  He waved his goodbyes and closed the door and then Merrick cried a little bit and ran over to the window that we have right next to the door and cried and knocked on the window and yelled Daddy over and over again.  I don't think he has ever reacted that badly to Nate leaving but it was so sweet too that he does love his Daddy and didn't want him to go.
The second one is that Merrick is starting to just take one nap at the same time as Kayton in the afternoon.  For some reason Merrick wakes up earlier than Kayton so he has like a half hour or 45 minutes where he plays by himself and the other day he didn't like playing without Kayton.  So he goes and asks me to open their bedroom door and he walks in, stands by Kayton's bed and starts waving at him like he is saying hi, im here, wake up and come out with me.  So I got Kayton up and then they played. And today, Kayton got up all by himself and made a big deal and told Merrick that Kayton was awake.  Merrick then got a huge smile on his face and started clapping because he was so excited that Kayton was awake and he could play with him.
I just thought it was so cute that his love for everyone came out so big today.  I loved it.

No comments: