March 2, 2013

White Mountain Symphony Orchestra

One of Nate's other loves in his life.  Even though we live in Winslow, Nate was asked to come back and play in the orchestra.  He has been driving to Show Low almost every Thursday night for the last month or two and then we were all able to go to Show Low on the 2nd to see his concert.  It was awesome and he was just so happy afterwards,  I was so proud of him.  They played a few of the pieces from "Planets" by Gustav Holst.  They also had two guest performers.  A high school oboe player who is already in the orchestra and an amazing guitarist who is teaching/studying at ASU.  I'm glad I got to go and I found an old friend who was there supporting her boyfriend too so it was fun to hang out with her.  I'm glad Nate has something he can go to for an escape from his day to day stuff. 




No comments: