April 29, 2013

Family Day Date

So I was looking at an ad in the newspaper and found that there was a model train exhibit downtown so I talked Nate into it.  On our way there we saw one of those traveling carnivals set up too so we made a fun day out of it.  We started out watching the model trains.  They had a big track set up with about 5 different trains driving around that Kayton loved watching.  Then there was a guy there selling a bunch of model trains and while I was looking around he asked me what I wanted and I told him I just wanted a cheap little train that didn't really work and he showed me one that was a little banged up that was perfect and he even threw in a passenger car all for $5.  
We got done there and walked down to the little carnival they had.  I felt bad because Merrick couldn't go on any rides because he was too short, but Kayton had a lot of fun.  He went on a car ride, walked through a fun house with Nate, and did a jungle gym house.  After he did the rides, we stopped and let him throw the bean bags one time and the guy was nice enough to give him a little stuffed animal for not hitting anything.  






 Afterwards, we went out to lunch and got Sonic.  Burgers and kids meals are awesome!  The whole day cost as much if not less than it would have been for us to get a sitter and go out on a date by ourselves so I feel like it was a great day.  I love family time.  





No comments: