April 6, 2013

Halfway done

This is a great weekend for me, I am halfway done with my treatment to get rid of the Hepatitis C in my body.  It has been a rough 3 months.  I have been taking 3 different types of medication which are Incivek, Ribosphere, and Pegasys.  I had to take the Incivek 3 times a day at certain times and I had to eat 20 grams of food with it each time.  It's been rough to do that all the time, but it has gone by a lot faster than I thought it would.  Now I can stop taking the Incivek and just take the other two medicines for the next 3 months.  
The hardest part has been the side effects from the medicines.  I have been super nauseous and anemic and I itch like crazy.  Some days I just don't have any energy or if I do I can only do things in small doses.  I hate that I have been super lazy these past 3 months, but it is what I needed to do to try and feel good.  I am just glad that I am able to be treated and that I am halfway through.  The up side too is that I had a blood draw a couple weeks ago and it shows that I am technically cured.  There is no trace of the Hepatitis in my body, but I do need to finish out the treatment to ensure that it stays gone.  This does mean though that I only have to do the treatment for 6 months rather than 12.  I am so excited about that! 
I want to publicly thank my husband and kids and my mom for being so supportive through these last few months of hard times.  I just never know how I am going to feel when I wake up in the morning, so I am grateful that these people are here and can deal with whatever happens.  Nate has been so helpful with helping me with the kids above and beyond what he normally does and I'm grateful that my kids are ok with me sometimes having to say that I can't because I just don't feel good right now.  Here is to the next 3 months!

No comments: