January 13, 2014

First Day of classes and new job

Nate started his second semester of classes on the 6th.  That's no surprise since he is a teacher.  The surprise is that I started classes on the 13th.  I am finally taking the plunge and finishing my associates degree.  Last year I was on medication that made me sick and lazy all the time.  I feel like it has finally taken me this long to feel like I am normal again and that I can be busy and active and not get sick.  So I have decided to just jump in and make a change.  
I am taking a full load of classes online.  English 101, Psych 101, Bus 112 Accounting, and a Computer Systems class.  I am a little overwhelmed right now but I am excited for the challenge.  To make it more interesting, I am about to start a part-time secretary job for the school district.  I will be working at the maintenance/ bus barn warehouse doing finance record keeping and different things for them.  It's a great schedule and I will be there while Kayton is at preschool and my friend is going to watch Merrick during that time.  It feels right for lots of reasons.  I feel like I need a break from my house because I will probably want to stay home when we have another kid and I think Merrick having some time away from me right now will be good for him.  I'm nervous and excited all in one and hoping that this next change in my life will be good for us.  

No comments: