March 14, 2014

Wisdom Teeth

This weekend was a big step in my life.  I had to get my wisdom teeth out.  I had been feeling some pain in the back of my mouth and went to see the dentist.  After the x-rays show then showed me that my bottom wisdom teeth were impacted and I needed to get them out.  She decided to just have them remove all 4 of them at once so that the same thing didn't happen again later.  We got it scheduled and in I went on March 14th.  I felt really good that day and the procedure went like it was suppose to and I thought my recovery wouldn't be too bad.  
That's where I was wrong.  It wasn't the worst experience, but I did get an infection and so I felt like I was addicted to Ibuprofen for about a week and a half.  I got them out on a Friday and then went back to work on Tuesday.   
Nate was so sweet to me that day, he drove me to get a Wendy's frosty right after it was over and brought me home to let me sleep it off.  He did so good taking care of the kids that day and letting me just rest and not talk too much.  KFC was my favorite food that weekend.  Their mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese were amazing.
Just about to go in at the doctors office
Right after the surgery
Here is what I did after.  Nothing too funny or even very interesting, but Nate liked it.


The next day with my brother
4 or 5 days after
It's now a month later and I still have a little soreness and sometimes it feels like it's still bruised.  I also have some pain when I yawn, but I am grateful for the timing in when I got it done and was able to have the funds to pay for it.  I never thought I would have to get my wisdom teeth pulled since they never had a problem, but I guess it's like a right of passage that everyone just has to go through sometime.

No comments: