March 30, 2014

Spring Break

Spring Break is always a happy time in our house.  Nate is home for the week but this was the first year that I was working and I only got Friday off.  We didn't really have a good reason to go down to the valley or do anything else really, so we just decided to stay home and do a different activity with the kids every day.  It seemed like the best idea, and it ended up being a good idea because Nate and Kayton were suffering from their allergies.  
Monday was more for me and Nate, but we decided to go look at furniture.  I'm in a mood to get my furniture matching and have real decor so we just looked for fun.  The kids actually had a fun time climbing around on beds and trying out the chairs and things.  I figured out what I want for furniture even though I don't know when I'm going to buy them.  
Nate found the new chair he wants
Tuesday, Nate took the boys to a baseball field and taught them a little t-ball.  Kayton is going to play t-ball this summer and I found them their own t-ball gloves and we had a stand and bat and ball so Nate showed them the game a little bit.  I hope it helped Kayton get excited to play this summer.
Wednesday, we went out to Pinedale to have lunch with Grandma Brewer.  We like to go out there every once in a while to check on her and this time we went with our other 2 cousins.  We grilled up some hot dogs and burgers and just had fun enjoying each other.  The boys love to play with her cars and blocks too.  
On Thursday, it was a normal day, but we decided that Thursday night was family movie night in our tent.  We have had this tent for a while and hardly ever use it, but we decided to all lay down and watch a movie in it.  The kids loved it.
Friday and Saturday should have been more fun since I wasn't working those days, but we all were suffering from allergies and just worn out, so it was a stay at home and watch movies kind of day.
I did feel better Saturday night and was able to go to the Women's Conference with my mom and then we went to Subway afterwards.
Definitely not the most exciting Spring Break for us, but we always love having whatever time together.  They boys loved having Daddy home that week and not having to go anywhere.  

No comments: