October 14, 2016

Fall Break

As an early birthday present to Nate, we got him some tickets so that he could go to Colorado and see his friend Mike Pettingill.  They have both missed each other a little bit so we figured it out and Nate went there during our fall break.  We found some good deals on plane tickets so we drove to the valley to drop him off at the airport.  Since he was gone for like 3 days, I just decided to stay in the valley with the kids and play with them.  We went and did a few things with the Pogo Passes, stayed with Grandma and Grandpa, and got to go see Nana and Papa too. We sure missed Nate while he was gone and were so glad when he came back. 

Dropping off Daddy and saying goodbye
 On our first day we took family pictures before Nate had to go, dropped him off at the airport, and hung out then went out to dinner with Grandma and Grandpa at Golden Corral.
 The next day was Sunday and we went to church with Grandma and Grandpa then went to Dad's house for Sunday dinner. We love getting to hang out with Nana and Papa!
The next day we decided to use our Pogo Passes.  We tried going to Fat Cats for bowling, but since it was a holiday of some kind we only got to go mini golfing and play a few arcade games.  The boys lucked out because they won a lot of tickets on the arcade games and were able to get some prizes.
Glow in the dark mini golf
Their winnings!
 After Fat Cats, we still wanted to do something else so we headed to the public library in Mesa.  I knew there would be something there they could do.  They read a few books and found some computer games to play for a little while.  It was fun to take them back to the old library that I use to go to as a kid.
All ready to go to bed after a long day.

 The next day, I took the boys to Makutu's Island and they ran around and around and surprisingly, I even got Jax to go to sleep for a little while. 
 After we were done playing, we got some Dairy Queen.
The next day was our last day alone and Nate came home that night. We wanted to try a place on the Pogo Pass but it was all the way up in north Scottsdale. I decided to try and stop at the train park to see the museum and maybe play on the playground while we ate our lunch.  I had a little bit of trouble though and I thought that I locked my keys in my car when we got there.  I called my car insurance company and they sent a person over to unlock my car for me.  Before they got there though, I had a meltdown and then went back to realize that one of the doors never actually locked so I was able to open my car and then I left.  We headed up to the Air Jump place for some play time.  The boys jumped and got to play a few games of dodgeball on giant trampolines.  They got hurt one or two times but had a lot of fun.  When our time was up, we headed to go see Papa at his work. 

This is us stuck in traffic on the way home from seeing Papa at work.
What a day it was.  I was so glad Nate came home late that night.  I was ready to not be alone with 3 kids anymore.  We sure missed him.  I told him about Fat Cats and since we didn't really use our passes earlier that week, Nate wanted us to go with him again before we headed back home.
We got to do the golfing, arcade, and bowling this time.
  What a trip. I was glad to be home and have my Nate back from Colorado.

No comments: