May 16, 2008

We left Alamosa!


Well, we finally did it. We put Alamosa behind us and headed off to Flagstaff. We left on Tuesday the 13th about 4 hours later than we had originally planned. It took us alot longer to get everything packed and put in the truck and getting things cleaned up. Our landlord came and checked it out and we turned in our key and left. We went to Durango to stay at our dad's house for the night. We got there around 9 oclock at night and were gone in 12 hours. We had to get up early the next morning and leave no later than 8. We needed to get to Flagstaff in time to meet our RA and get checked in and unload the Uhaul so we could drop it off at the store before it closed. We did get it all done too. We got everything inside and organized and it felt like the longest day ever. We absolutely love our apartment! It is a two bedroom and there is SOOO much storage space. That was the biggest issue we had in our old apartment, no storage space. We also realized we really don't have that much stuff. We are going to look for a few pieces of furniture this next week or two and get a few more things organized and then it will be good. When it gets more organized, I will tak some pictures and post them on here.

Before we did leave Alamosa though, I worked that morning and everyone at my work had a lunch party for me before I left and it was so fun. We had sandwiches and chips, which was really simple but alot of fun. The girls at work were really sweet and they went and got me a cute metal cat from the antique shop because I was always saying that I want a cat or a dog but couldn't have one, so they bought me that. I love it. I could not ask for a better place to work and am going to miss working with those people.

On our drive through we did encounter a little rain on the drive and with stuff in the bed of the truck we were a little worried but we were very blessed that the weather was good for us while we were unloading. We also had another big adventure for us. We got to stop at the Four Courners Monument. It was the first time either of us had been there so we were pretty excited. We stayed long enough to take pictures and then we had to get back on the road but we enjoyed it.

1 comment:

Kara said...

I love the 4-corners! We have stopped there a couple times. Glad you made it there. CAll me sometime.