August 4, 2008

Babysitting fun!

So, Nate's uncle Stacey and his wife Rebecca live here in Flagstaff pretty close to where I work. But, he works right on campus and Nate decided to go in and visit him the other day and he asked us if we wanted to babysit his two little girls for him so his wife and him could go on a date. We said yes, of course, and they dropped them off at our house and they played for like 4 hours. It was alot of fun. Nate kept looking over at me and saying "Are you sure you still want to have kids?" I always answered, "Yes. For sure."

We had to get them to eat their dinner and then we took them outside to play on the little playset that is really right out our front door. Lilly, the older girl, really liked doing the teeter totter stuff that bounced you up and down. Lucky me too, I decided I wanted to do it with her, so I was quite dizzy afterwards. But, I thought I was a trooper and stuck it out til the end. The baby is only like a year and a half, so Nate held her most of the time, because she seemed happier with him. So, after playing outside, we went in to see if they wanted to watch a movie, so we watched some of Sleeping Beauty. Eva stayed good through the movie, but Lilly wanted to be very active and not sit still, which is understandable for a 4 year old.

Near the end of the night though, Nate's friends invited him to play Halo and so I let him go and some of the other girls in our complex, one of them is pregnant, came over and played with us. Lilly decided to be a teacher and we learned about the ocean and got to go on a trip to see the ocean. It doesn't get more exciting than that. Then the parents came home and all came to an end but we had alot of fun with them and hope we can do it again soon. We love little girls!

1 comment:

Kara said...

Wish you were in Vegas and we'd give you guys lots of practice babysitting a fun little 2 year old BOY!!! Nathan is getting so big- you'd have lots of fun with him.