December 26, 2010

Christmas Day

It was Kayton's first Christmas!  He didn't get as excited for anything as I would have hoped, but we celebrated here at our house as just our own little family.  I must not have been thinking clearly that morning because I just captured everything on our video camera and totally forgot to pull out our regular camera so our Christmas wasn't that interesting I guess.  Kayton wasn't feeling all that well and we had just gotten home the day before from Colorado so we were all pretty tired.  Nate was on call that day too and got a few calls but over all it was a fun first Christmas for Kayton.  We got some awesome gifts from our Colorado family.  Kayton got lots of books, a cute sweats outfit, and a little snail that plays music that he absolutely loves.  Santa got him a big bag of lego blocks and he has loved those too.  Nate and I got some pancake mix from Granny.  Nate got an ipod speaker/alarm clock docking station from my dad and I got a Kohls gift card and then we also got a good amount of money combined from everyone too so we treated ourselves to some new little appliances for our kitchen.  Yay!  It turned out to be a good Christmas.

For dinner, we kind of did Christmas Eve dinner at a restaurant with our friends so I didn't cook a big meal Christmas day.  We had some of the traditional stuff but it was more low key which I appreciated.  Hope everyone else had a great Christmas.

No comments: