December 5, 2010

Black Friday and Nate's Birthday

These two go hand in hand this year.  Nate's birthday happened to fall on black friday and boy was he lucky.  He really needed certain tools and there was just some amazing deals that we couldn't pass up.  (The tools were really for me though so that he could do projects around the house that I have been wanting done) So this year, I said I would do it and I did.  I went black friday shopping.  It was really simple for me actually.  I was in Show Low so there wasn't many store options and Nate's presents took up most of my budget so it wasn't too bad.  I went to Wal-Mart at 10:30 and scoped out the bins so I could get what I wanted and then stood by the one that I wanted the most so I could grab that first and then got everything else after that.  The Pratt's youngest son's Trevor and Jeremiah wanted to come with me so I wasn't alone and I had help carrying stuff.  (Loved it)  We got what we wanted and looked at maybe one or two of the crazy spots and then left.  We were out of there by 12:25 and home before anybody else even went to bed.  Then I had to get up again and be gone at 4:30 so I could go to Lowe's.  That's where the two most favorite presents for Nate were.  I got there and after much deliberation, got what I wanted and was out of there in 20 minutes. All together, we got a griddle, a little toy tent for Kayton to play in, a tool chest with tools in it, a Dremel tool, and his most favorite was a Porter Cable drill, skill saw, jigsaw and light combo set.  It was so easy and I would definitely do black friday shopping again. 

For Nate's birthday, he got his presents and then we had Thanksgiving dinner on his birthday and we did birthday pie for him with everybody there.  It was great.  He said he is at that age now where he doesn't care about birthdays, but I think it's still fun to make a big deal of him.  Happy Birthday honey!  I love you so much and think you are a great hubby!




No comments: