May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day.   Today I am most thankful for my stepmom.  We aren't very close which is ok, but I am so glad that she is a part of my life.  She is such a good example and I know she loves her family and would do anything for them which makes her the best example to me.  During the most difficult time in my life, she was the one that got me through it and made everything better faster.  She accepts me for me which is what I need the most right now.  I love you so much Mom and am so glad I have you in my life.  Thank you for everything.  


Now today, I am grateful that I get to be a mother.  Even though everybody is sick today so there is nothing special going on, I still can't believe I am a mother and how much I love it.  There are many challenging days, but it's the little moments that I love.  I love that I get to be a stay at home mom and take care of them.  They are the best part of my life and I can't imagine doing anything else.  I love my boys!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brooke,
Thanks for the kind words. I am sorry we were not given the opportunity to form a close relationship as you were growing up. We cannot change the past but only look toward the future. I hope I can be a support for you when you need it and that you know you are loved unconditionally. See you sweet family in another week. Lovely your stepmom