July 29, 2012

A Little Improv

The other day was rough.  I had a few good ideas of things I could do with the kids.  Go to the library, go play at a park, the usual things to do in a small town but when it came down to it, things didn't work out.  We couldn't do anything at the library and it was way too hot to go to the park, so what did I do.  I brought them home and stuck them outside with water.  I love our new house and how it does have a backyard, but it's not landscaped yet so we can't play back there, so we play in a little cement patio area just off our kitchen.  It's a good size and I just put a few small buckets of water outside and stripped them down to their diapers.  They went crazy.  I feel like I should have thought about this idea before, but it was so fun.  They stayed out there for about 45 minutes and then came in for lunch and I did the dishes while watching them from the kitchen window.  It was awesome. 






No comments: