January 8, 2012

New Years Eve

I don't have any pictures to go with New Years Eve, but we spent it with some of Nate's friends and their families at a party where the kids just ran around and played and the adults talked and played Bang.  It was fun and since the kids are still young, I didn't stay the whole time.  I brought the kids home at 10 and then Nate went back and played some more Wii and Xbox with his buddies.  After the kids were in bed, I did some painting in our bathroom and watched some Friends are the computer and that was how I brought in my new year.  I actually enjoyed it, just being by myself and doing something productive instead of just sleeping and Nate enjoyed his because he was playing with his buddies and got home shortly after.  If the kids were older though, what we would have done is go downtown where they were having their 1st Annual Drop-A-Deuce event.  The boys got a kick out of the name.  A little background, the main road in town is called Deuce of Clubs and the story is that Show Low became a town because of a poker game and the low card was a deuce of clubs.  So they had a lit up deuce of clubs card that they dropped at midnight like the ball in New York.  Maybe they will do it again next year and we can see it then. It was fun that we were able to go to that party and see a bunch of friends.  Can't ask for anything better.   

No comments: