February 14, 2012

Kayton is 2!

Oh man.  It's weird having a 2 year old, but I love it.  He is doing so much and growing up so fast.  

We had a little birthday party for him on Sunday night which was appropriate because it was Super Bowl Sunday which was the day he was actually born.  We got a cute little cake and had some of our friends and family over. The Pratt's, the Whipples, and Grandma Adams.  It was perfect and he loved it.  We got him a little activity center thing where there is a tent and a crawl tunnel and a little ball basket.  He got a fun cd, remote control train, cars, and a puzzle.  I think that between Christmas and his birthday, he is set on gifts for a while. Just like his first birthday he freaked out when he touched his cupcake and got frosting on him so he didn't eat his cupcake but he did eat his ice cream.  I guess I haven't trained him how to be boy enough.  The best part for me was that Kayton blew out one of his own candles and Nate blew out the other one for an example.  I love how he is growing up.












He is talking sssoooo much and will pretty much copy everything I say or tell him to stay.  It's really nice because he can tell me what he wants and needs and I enjoy the interaction with him. He doesn't say yes or no.  He says ok for yes and don't for no. He is working on saying prayers with us and is very good at least just folding his arms when we tell him to.  He loves nursery at church and running around everywhere.  He still loves to be outdoors and I can't wait until it gets warmer again.  He is into all things boy.  He loves trains, cars, airplanes, helicopters, and balls.  He really likes movies and tv.  He still loves Mickey Mouse and now we have moved on to Cars, Little Einstein's, and Toy Story and a few other cartoons.  I like that it's not the same things over and over again.  He is starting to get into musical stuff.  He has been going to Nate sometimes and asks to listen to music and he dances around really cute.  He loves to look at the tuba and can name some of the instruments now.  He is still definitely his fathers child.  He likes to eat funny things that you wouldn't expect someone his age to eat.  He likes bell peppers and oranges but he also hates certain things like sandwiches and hot dogs and macaroni n cheese.  It's so weird and it makes feeding him a little difficult, but at least he does pretty good at eating his dinners.  He loves to hold my hand and take me to what he wants.  It's so cute to see him run up to me with his hand held out so he can grab mine.  He is very good at giving high fives and then we say pound it for a fist bump.  He gives good kisses and hugs.  Although the terrible two's are definitely here, he is still my sweet little boy and we love him.  

No comments: