December 6, 2012

Birthdays

Nate and I have a birthday 8 days apart from each other.  So sometimes we get to do things together and buy stuff together that counts as both of our birthday presents.  That's pretty much what happened this year.  For my 25th birthday, we actually went to Pinedale to be with my side of the family.  My little brother Dallin just got home off his mission and he was giving his after mission talk in church that day, so we went.  We left on Saturday and drove to Heber where we stayed at a cabin with my step sister and her family.  It was an awesome cabin and we enjoyed having some hanging out time with them.  That night we went and had dinner with my mom and family.  My grandparents were there and some of my mom's friends.  The next day we went to church and Dallin did a great job talking, at least the part I heard when I was standing next to the speaker in the foyer.  He sounded like a missionary and I can't believe how mature and grown up he is.  
After church, we went back to the house and had a delicious dinner with all the family and then celebrated my birthday with my favorite cake of all, yellow cake with chocolate frosting.  We left that night and decided to go to the Green's house for game night when we got back into town.  It was a great way to end my birthday even though I was exhausted from driving. I got a few little things that I wanted for my birthday.  First was a new ring to wear instead of my wedding ring because it has diamonds falling out and needs to be repaired.  Then I got to take some new family pictures and get it printed.  It was perfect.

Boy cousins - Merrick is behind Isaac on the left
Me and Christina with our babies
Everyone there for Dallin's homecoming

Birthday girl (I wore the hat and pin for my sister)

For Nate's 30th birthday, we didn't get to do much.  He had to work that day so I tried to do little things like get his favorite lunch for him and we had angel food cake that night then we decided to go out to dinner later in the week.  But like I said, going away and doing other things together was kindof the birthday for both of us.  Yay for birthdays.  We can't believe how old we are.



No comments: