December 31, 2012

Happy New Year

We ended it on a bang.  Our crazy plans ended up with us going to the Green's house here in town and we ate pizza and played games like Resistance (I think) and Apples to Apples, and just hung out.  They bought some fireworks and we took a few breaks to light some of them off.  Our kids loved doing the sparklers.  





I thought they would be a little scared of it, but Kayton lit two of them and Merrick loved the one he got to do.  Of course as always, those of us mom's with kids didn't stay until the end and I went home about 9 o'clock to put the kids to bed and just hung out at home on my computer catching up on my DVR stuff.  Nate stayed behind and got home just in time for midnight and we got our midnight kiss and then I went to bed.  
2012 has been a great year for us.  There are always bad things that happen but I think we had more good than bad.  
  • Nate graduated from college in May.  
  • He got his first teaching job in Winslow
  • We celebrated 5 years of being married
  • We have started reconnecting with some family members
  • Merrick grew up so much, we celebrated his first birthday this year
  • We have made some great new friends 
  • Nate and I celebrated some big numbered birthdays
  • My brother came home from serving his mission 
Those are the highlights for us.  Happy New Year everyone!  

No comments: