November 25, 2014

Pregnancy #3

Things have been hard for us these last few months.  I found out I was pregnant at the end of September.  We had been trying and we were so excited to have another baby in our lives.  We have been patiently waiting for the right time and I guess it still wasn't the right time.  I miscarried when I was 12 1/2 weeks along.
On Sunday the 23rd. I was starting to have some bleeding but it wasn't super heavy so I called my doctor Monday morning, the 24th, and they told me that if I was having any bleeding, I needed to go to the ER so they could run blood work and do an immediate ultrasound for me.  I left work and headed over there.  Nate came a few minutes later and I am so grateful that he did because they did the ultrasound there and they couldn't find a heartbeat.  I don't think I could have handled having to tell him myself later.  The baby was measuring 10 weeks old which would have been when the heart stopped beating.  We were devastated.  They scheduled a D & C appointment for Wednesday morning, but I ended up miscarrying the baby myself Tuesday night the 25th. I hope that I never have to experience that again. Nate was so great that night and day after.  I felt so bad that all of it happened right around his birthday and Thanksgiving.
I am so grateful though for the people I was able to call and talk to who have been through the same thing and for the outpouring of love I received from friends, family, and church members when they found out.  I will never forget it. 
It's weird to say this, but in some ways, I knew this was coming and I had been preparing myself from the beginning for something to go wrong. I knew it was what the Lord wanted and so I just expected to not hear the heartbeat that day.  Not that I have been ok with any of it.  I have just been dealing with it better than I thought I would because Heavenly Father has been there for me and letting me know that it was suppose to happen and that I will be ok and have more some day.
We now have a little angel in heaven and we can't wait to meet them some day. 
We were able to get some ultrasound pictures.  Some at 6 weeks and them some the day we found out in the ER.  I will cherish them especially the first one since we did get to hear the heartbeat then and everything was great. 
10/12/14
 
At the hospital after the ultrasound 11/24/14
12 weeks (the day before we found out there was no heartbeat) 11/23/14


The way I told Nate
It was positive. 9/27/14

No comments: