November 8, 2013

Veterans Day Program

The kids and I got to go to a Veterans Day program for my sister Susan.  Nate also did one at the elementary school that he teaches at but due to not having a car and the school being far away, I couldn't go see Nate's program.  So, my mom came and got us and we went to the one that Susan was a part of at her school.  
The school invited some veterans to come and they sat on stage while the students took turns by grade singing to the veterans.  It was a really nice program and it turned out great.  
After they were done singing their songs, everyone went outside for a flag raising ceremony.  The VFW came and donated a flag and then did the flag raising ceremony.  The boys had fun watching the flag and I was glad to go and honor the veterans that day.  

No comments: