September 5, 2013

Reminiscing

I guess after weddings and celebrating an anniversary around the same time, you start to remember some of your old memories.  I wasn't the best at writing in my journal when we were dating and I want to make sure there are some things that we remember.

The first one was our first date.  We totally don't remember an exact date because it was all kindof a blur in the first part of December 2006.  We decided to start dating like the first week of the month.  We held hands during a movie night where we were watching Chitty Chitty Bang Bang at my apartment.  I remember all that happening while we were still in school and had all my roommates there.  Then Christmas break came.  All of my roommates when home and I was there by myself working for a little bit before I went back to Colorado for Christmas.  Nate was there too and we planned on me taking him to Show Low while I went home.  We then realized how busy we were and that we didn't go on a real date yet.  So we did.  If I would guess right, I think our date would have been on December 19th.  Nate got some gift certificates from the family he worked with so we decided to use those for our date night.  We went to El Charro Cafe in Safford.  I was super nervous jittery for some reason, but it was good food.  After dinner, we went back to my apartment, and just relaxed for a little bit.  We were talking and then it lead to us having our first kiss on my little love seat.  Funny twist in the story though.  Within the hour of us kissing, I went into the bathroom and threw up.  I thought it was just cause of my nerves and my stomach was all in knots, but it turns out I had a little flu like bug.  I was in bed the next day or two.  Nate was nice enough though to come over and help me clean up my Christmas stuff by taking my tree down and helping me pack to go home.  He was just so sweet to me and we honestly weren't super close by now, but we did have a hard time being apart from each other during the Christmas break.  After that, it's history.  I came home, we were together and got engaged in February.




 Next is our first Valentine's Day together.  He usually isn't the super romantic type, but boy did he put all he had into this one.  He informed my roommate that he was going to come get me early in the morning so she told me to be ready for that.  He came, woke me up, and took me for a drive.  We went to the duck ponds in Safford.  There was a little gazebo there and he had breakfast for me, with waffles.  He had a rose for me.  We ate, danced, snuggled under a blanket, and watched the sun rise over that gorgeous pond.  So perfect.  I was pretty tired, but that was by far the most romantic thing that has ever happened to me. 

Next is just a simple thing that I want to remember, that Nate and I use to write each other cute little notes saying hi and I love you and nothing too big, but we would leave them on each others cars under the windshield wiper when we were going to and from class.  Usually it was when our cars were parked down by the music building.  He may have left a flower a time or two as well.

Another sweet moment, our first dance.  We were on a date, the specifics I don't remember for sure.  All I remember is him driving around on this dirt road and then all the sudden we are on the top of a hill with a great view and we get out of the car just to look at it.  Then Nate turns on the song Yellow by Coldplay, and there we danced under the stars with an almost full moon.  I loved it.



No comments: