July 25, 2014

Merrick's 3rd Birthday

I can't believe my baby is 3.  It's gone by so fast and I can't believe all the things he does and how far he has grown in the last 6 months.  He loves Kayton and copies him all the time.  He loves to sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, ABC's song, and Popcorn Popping over and over again and randomly all throughout the day.  He loves playing games, Nate's instruments, and going to nursery.  We are lucky enough that he just finished getting potty trained and he is doing great and hasn't had very many accidents since.  It's been a long time coming and it has made me so happy to not have diapers anymore.  He also got accepted to Preschool and so we are excited for him to go and have new experiences.  Both him and Kayton will be at the same school but in different classes now.  He is such a great kid and I love him.        
Then:
Now:
There were 2 main things he wanted for his birthday, and the first one was being able to go drive Lightning McQueen cars at the fun park.  He got to drive the big one with Daddy and then he got to drive the little cars all by himself twice.  He was sad to leave when it was over, but he looked so cute driving those cars.  
Driving with Daddy

Such a driving stud
Friday night, we had birthday dinner at my mom's house with a lot of our family.  My brothers were there with their new wives, my little sister, and then Nate's brother and one sister was there with her daughters.  It was a full house and even though I cooked the food, I thought it was really good.  The boys were more interested in playing and running around than eating, but it was a great night.  
Yummy dinner of navajo tacos
Getting ready to open presents
Popping up over his presents

Next was his cake.  That was the 2nd thing he was very excited about.  He had to have a Hulk cake so we got it for him.  He was so excited to blow out his candles and have his cake.  
This was the cutest thing.  We started singing Happy Birthday to him  and he immediately hid behind his hands until the song was over.  

Finally peeking through when the song was over

Yummy cake.  Happy Birthday to my sweet, amazing, happy, smart,  mamma's boy.  To be honest, when I found out I was pregnant with him it was very hard for me to have the boys so close together, but I now know it was the best thing.  I love my boys and I love having this little guy in our lives.  He makes me smile a lot and gives the sweetest kisses.  

1 comment:

Meg said...

Such a fun night! It was so good to be with so many family members!