July 26, 2014

Snowflake Pioneer Day

Pioneer day is a really big deal in Snowflake, almost as big as the 4th of July.  This year, some of our siblings were up for the weekend and so we drove over and sat with them.  The boys weren't as excited as I thought, but they had fun with their cousins after and later that night too.  
With the cousins
The float Nate's band was on
Mormon Batallion
Cute little Statue of Liberty and Abe Lincolin
Now for the hard part of the day, the picture above is pretty much the last thing I remember about the parade because all the sudden I checked and couldn't see Kayton anywhere.  He had gone back and forth near where we were sitting with his cousins so he could get candy and stuff, but this time all the cousins were there and we couldn't find him.  I looked all around but after about 5 - 10 minutes of looking with no luck I was too freaked out so I called the local PD.  They got on the radio and I found one of the cops.  I was with him for like 30 seconds and finally started breaking down when I saw the fireman volunteers show up to help look too.  Right after that I turned around and saw Nate walking toward me with Kayton.  I don't really know what happened but I guess a lady saw him walking down the block away from the parade and so she turned him back and found Nate.  I never felt that he was gone for good, I'm sure he just followed a truck and then didn't know where to go back to.  I was so grateful for an answered prayer and I was grateful when we got him home later.  So it was a stressful day, but I'm glad we saw some of our brothers and sisters and that we all made it home that day.  

No comments: