December 31, 2013

End of year post

What a crazy year this was for us.  We started with the first 6 months with me being on my medication for my Hepatitis C that came out of no where.  I'm grateful to the Lord for his timing of the doctors finding the problem.  The fact that I was done breastfeeding Merrick and that we weren't pregnant.  I am also grateful for a doctor, Debbie McGinn, who didn't give up on figuring out what was wrong with me.  Also for the advancement of medicine where I was able to get rid of it.  I will know for soon in a couple of weeks if it did work for sure.  We know this is was suppose to happen for a reason, I'm just not sure if I know what that reason is yet.  
During those same 6 months, Nate was finishing his Winslow job that he just had such a hard time with.  He knew he wasn't going to be happy there for another year so he sent out job applications and he accepted his job in Show Low.  We moved to Show Low in May and haven't looked back.  We are so much happier here.  Nate loves his job here.  Sure it has problems that all jobs have, but he is directing the bands that he really wants to and the elementary school is amazing.  Since he is happier, everything in our house is happier.  We are also closer to family, our moms, who love having their grandkids closer.  
The rest has been great.  I'm recovering and don't feel so sick anymore and Nate is happy.  The boys keep growing and growing, talking and talking, and just keep being boys.  They have turned into great friends and love playing together.  Merrick loves to copy Kayton and sometimes that is annoying for Kayton.  
Kayton turned 3 in February and Merrick turned 2 in July.  Merrick started walking, Kayton took his first year of swim lessons and started preschool.  Their imagination has grown too where they love scaring us, roaring like monsters, and having a new love for books and going to the library to get new ones to read.  
2013 definitely ended better than it started and we are excited to see how 2014 works out for us.  Here is our family throughout the year.


No comments: