December 1, 2013

The tree is up

We put the tree up on Sunday night after we got back from the valley, I wanted to get it all done while the house was pretty clean and before the kids I babysit came over the next day.  We pulled out the tree and all the boxes and I found the Christmas movies in one of the boxes and we turned on Elf.  The tree started to go up and the kids weren't really interested in helping me at first so I did most of it.  They watched the movie and ran around while I got the tree up and the boys got interested in helping me once I pulled out the candy canes.  I was so glad they were excited for something.  The rest of the decorations went up and things were done.  I always love sitting in the living room that first night and just staring at the tree.  It's my favorite feeling for the start of Christmas. 

No comments: